How to Ensure a Successful Mortgage
Here are some tips to make sure your loan is processed and approved with as few obstacles as possible. Our goal is to provide our clients with a seamless loan process; keeping these suggestions in mind will help us to provide you with a stress free home buying experience.
Obtaining new credit for large purchases prior to closing can impact your loan qualiﬁcation. Please consult with me directly if you are considering any signiﬁcant purchases prior to closing on your home.
Please avoid any of the following:
- Changing jobs, becoming self-employed, or quitting your job.
- Purchasing or leasing a new automobile.
- Using credit cards excessively or letting your accounts fall behind.
- Spending money you have set aside for closing.
- Paying off debts or liabilities without ﬁrst consulting with me.
- Purchasing furniture, electronics, appliances or other expensive items.
- Having your credit report pulled by other creditors.
- Making large deposits without ﬁrst consulting with me. Any signiﬁcant deposits outside of payroll will need to be documented.
- Changing bank accounts.
- Co-signing any type of loan.
- Accepting a gift for the down payment without talking to me ﬁrst (there are special steps for this process).
- Keeping information from my team that is important to your closing. From job status to travel plans, being upfront from the start will make the process easier!
Contact me today for more information.
Back to Calculators & Tools